Discuss "The Things They Carried" and "Love"
- Why does O’Brien keep repeating that “Ted Lavender was shot”?
- In “Love,” how has Jimmy Cross changed since the war? How is he still the same?
HW: Read "Spin" and write down your answers to the following questions:
- Why do the men enjoy playing checkers?
- What does the narrator mean when he says, “I feel guilty sometimes. Forty-three years old and I’m still writing war stories?”
- What specific events does the narrator relate that remind us of how young and naïve these soldiers are?